The games are arranged by RED CARD led by former Singapore international R. Sasikumar.
Almost all club sides based in Singapore will see players representing the S-League all-star team. Below is the full list of players who will be involved in the two matches.
Goalkeepers: Shahril Jantan (Home United), Yazid Yasin (Woodlands Wellington)
Defenders: Paul Cunningham (Balestier Khalsa), Shariff Samat (Woodlands Wellington), Daniel Bennett, Zulfadli Zainal Abidin (Both Warriors FC), Juma’at Jantan, Noh Rahman (both Home United)
Midfielders: Mustafic Fahrudin, Jamil Ali (both Tampines Rovers), Ahmad Latiff, Hafiz Nor (both Tanjong Pagar United), Jozef Kaplan (Geylang International), Sherif El-Masri (Courts Young Lions), Azhar Sairudin (Hougang United)
Forwards: Aleksandar Duric (Tampines Rovers), Monsef Zerka (Tanjong Pagar United), Bruno Castanheira (Albirex Niigata-S)
SOURCE - Axross the line
COMMENT - Well, what to say? Surely a better idea would have been to get, for example, Tampines Rovers to play Persipura? Champions against champions?
I'm not a fan of these all star thingies. I know there was 80,000 earlier in the year for a game like this but the opponents then were Liverpool. To be honest, and as you know I do like my Singapore football, I can't see fans travelling from all over the archipeligo to see a Singapore select.
From a football point of view, nah. But looking forward to catching up with some good people again!
And who was Alice, anyway?
